Sunday 28 March 2010

Would it hurt to smile?

Just had a great morning at St Werburghs City Farm. Not quite marred by the most miserable waitress/ bar tender I've ever encountered and I've met quite a few. I'm talking SERIOUSLY miserable. As in, blanking us despite beaming grins, lots of thank yous etc etc. Actually the cheerful routine probably pissed her off a bit thinking about it now. And she was probably just hungover...lucky cow! BUT, not sure someone so cool should really be customer facing let alone in such an otherwise great, kid friendly place but there we go.

Maybe I should cut her some slack, maybe we came across badly or maybe she just didn't realise the effect she had. Horrible either way and if the food hadn't been so great (even though she messed up our order) I wouldn't go back to be treated like that again. Grrr.

My mind being as odd as it is refocused to something a bit more interesting in an attempt to put such a petty experience into perspective. To some it really does hurt to smile. Check out www.smiletrain.org for some extraordinarily touching stories. Truly inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment