Monday 19 July 2010

man flu

Not sure where the last few weeks have gone. Mostly working, working and more working alongside seemingly endless kids parties. What is it about this time of year for never having a weekend (or spare minute for that matter) free?
All this chaos - and most probably the temperature drop of 15 degrees - have made me feel about 150, exhausted and with a hideous cold.
Given my complete inability to lie down in the day unless I really can't get out of bed (the last time was when I slipped discs in 2005) I took myself off to work today in the hope that the paracetamol/ ibroprufen (sp?)/ borocca (sp. again - probably ODd?)/ olbas/ tea/ soup routine would take effect. Infact, an innocent status update on Facebook led me to discover www.manflu.org.uk probably one of the funniest spoof sites/ blogs I've looked at in a while.
Check it out. The questionnaire itself is worth a look and it certainly makes you laugh more than being put on hold by NHS Direct and told to 'rest, drink lots & take it easy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment